Sunday, July 7, 2013

My Story

Hi, my name is Joy. I am married and the mother of two wonderful boys Michael 20 and Tyler 16. I am also Mom to my dog Finn and my two cats Shadow and Whiskers. I have worked at the same company for over 29 years. Then one day last month a meeting was called that changed my life forever, I was being laid off.

So what do I do now? 

Well I have been an Independent Sales Representative for Avon for the past 3 years so I am going to work on building my business but what else can I do?

So I decided to start a blog to keep track of my journey. This will be a new adventure for me and I thought I could share my experiences with the world.

I can't wait to see what happens next :)

“Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” 
― Carl Bard




2 comments:

  1. Wow, so sorry to hear that. I once worked at a production plant for almost ten years and was let go. It was very painful for me and frightening. But I ended up working in Section 8 Housing a few years, until my last job in which I was an office manager. It was an awesome job, but I had to quit due to personal reasons. Needless to say, here I am 47 and on disability now. Not where I ever thought I'd be. I work occasional part-time and have my online bizs I'm trying to build for extra money. It's hard to make it on SSD. At any rate, I'm sure your both excited and scared at the same time. But your smart and you have years of great experience. I'm sure the perfect job will come along. Good Luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.